New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Advanced Social Media Marketing | MKTG.X416
Formerly titled "Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business."
Have you ever wondered how to pinpoint customer pain points so you can position yourself as a thought leader rather than jumping in with premature and often inappropriate solutions?
Once you develop a clear picture of the customer, how do you apply these insights to social media marketing? What measures have you put in place to ensure campaign performance?
Advanced Social Media Marketing applies a pragmatic approach to answering these questions. Using digital tools, customer data, and social media analytics, students learn methods that result in innovative social media marketing programs and bottom-line ROI. Real-world assignments demonstrate why the buyer’s journey is significant to constructing campaigns on platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the latest digital tools, technologies, and trends.
- Create measurable return on investment with SMART goals and metrics.
- Increase target audience awareness, engagement, and conversion rates.
- Create campaigns with audience targeting and content such as infographics and e-books.
- Develop partnerships with active micro and macro influencers to increase leads.
- Build a competitive analysis using social media analytics.
- Construct messaging with transformative and data storytelling.
Emphasis is placed on understanding how social media fits into the overall marketing mix and how it can be used to create results. New skills will be reflected in the social media marketing strategy each student creates and presents.
It is recommended that students have a marketing background, or take "Principles of Marketing" prior to enrolling in this course.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 10-06-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 10-13-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 10-20-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 10-27-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 11-03-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 11-10-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|