New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Application of Social Media for Business Growth | MKTG.X490
This course builds on top of the courses "Fundamentals, Social Media Marketing" and "Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business," enabling students to apply the range of their newly acquired social media and marketing skills in a simulated real world environment. Students will expand upon the social media marketing strategies they have created during the "Advanced Social Media Marketing: A Practical Approach for Business" course, adding the depth required to succeed in a Silicon Valley work environment.
Emphasis is placed on creating a social media campaign that:
- Teaches students to support all of their decisions with facts
- Acknowledges the reality of often limited resources and competing priorities
- Presents a clear assessment of the best marketing mix without a bias for social media
- Demonstrates the application of cutting-edge social media tools, techniques and concepts
- Gives students the opportunity to present and defend their ideas in front of a Silicon Valley employer
- The course will further hone students’ social media marketing proficiency by introducing concepts like cross-platform campaigns, programmatic marketing, as well as the application of social media management tools for teams.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Allocate resources to each step of your project
- Assign objectives, metrics, and tools to each channel
- Create highly targeted ads using advertising networks and platforms
- Conduct additional market research to validate your social strategies
- Evaluate the practicality of marketing automation and analytics tools for your project, in the areas of planning, execution, decision-making, monitoring, and reporting
- Apply best practices for cross-platform campaigns across different devices
- Expand your target audience personas
- Create a professional looking project presentation
It is recommended that students have a marketing background, or take "Principles of Marketing" prior to enrolling in this course.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 11-17-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-20-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 12-01-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-04-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Wed, 12-08-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|