Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in the Classroom | ECED.X318
The average classroom may include several students who exhibit symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Many educators need to build skills to meet the educational needs of these children. This course provides the tools needed to better understand, identify and evaluate the ADHD student. It addresses school-related problems associated with ADHD. In-depth coverage of practical, effective instructional strategies is offered as well as social skills training activities that can be easily incorporated into the regular curriculum. You'll learn how to implement effective classroom behavior management systems.
At the end of the course, students should be able to
- Gain a strong sense of what it is like to have ADHD
- Be familiar with the DSM V definition of ADHD
- Understand the myriad ways ADHD impacts every aspect of a person's life
- Understand that ADHD requires a multi-disciplinary approach
- Develop strategies for both the classroom and private practices
Have a question about this course?
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 06-21-2021||12:00 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 07-26-2021||12:01 a.m.||11:58 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|