Spring Courses Open for Enrollment15% discount on select winter & spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Designing Training Programs
This course details how to design a training program or event. You’ll gain insight into the instructional design process, including adult learning principles and training needs analysis with a focus on defining learning objectives; and you’ll learn to use experiential methods to plan learning activities, structure a training program and evaluate your program. The course emphasizes using the appropriate instructional design skills and methods to create a learning activity. You’ll get the chance to design a training activity that applies directly to your work, and receive constructive feedback from the instructor and your peers at various stages of the design process throughout the course.
- Fundamentals of training programs
- Overview of the instructional design process
- Principles of adult learning
- Current issues in training
- Use of the ADDIE model to design a training program: Analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Complete a learning needs assessment
- Write concrete learning objectives for desired training outcomes
- Create appropriate experiential learning activities
- Develop a training plan and create a learning program structure
- Design a training program evaluation
- Develop and present a training program proposal
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 03-10-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 03-11-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 03-16-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 03-18-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 03-24-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 03-25-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 03-31-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.