Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Go Programming, Fundamentals | CMPR.X418
Go language (golang), often considered the "C for the 21st century,” is an open source programming language developed by Google to help build simple and advanced-level software systems. The core strength of golang is its concurrency mechanisms that make it simpler to write reliable software and to exploit multi-core architectures. The golang is a C-like compiled language that offers portability, speed, and modularity, as well as compatibility with C language. The golang compiler can produce an executable binary for many different CPU and GPU architectures without rewriting the application source code and has a built-in garbage collection mechanism. Participants in this class learn to write faster and modular code, for real-world, cloud-based and general purpose applications.
Class assignments and exercises will prepare students to write real world applications that involve web servers, database interaction, and embedded applications.
- Code compilation
- Program structure
- Basic data types
- Control structures
- Composite types
- Functions and methods
- Interfaces encapsulation
- Using packages to reuse code
- Goroutines and channels
- How to use build in test tools
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Write faster and modular code, for real-world, cloud-based and general purpose applications
- Understand and use the basic programming constructs of GO language
- Manipulate various GO language data types, such as arrays, strings, and pointers
- Write GO language code using principles of concurrency programming
- Understand how to wirte web servers for cloud-based applications
- Manage memory apropriately, including proper allocation/deallocation procedures
Skills Needed: Students should have C programming skills. Advanced C is recommended.
Have a question about this course?
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 04-06-2021||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 07-06-2021||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|