Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Java Programming, Comprehensive | CMPR.X413
Java is the premier development language for Web servers, enterprise servers, network applications, embedded devices, appliances and wireless applications. This course will help students learn how to apply object-oriented concepts correctly, design and develop Java applications and use various Java libraries.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to write, maintain and debug applications and make effective use of some of the standard packages. This course provides students with design concepts and implementation skills needed for professional Java programming.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the core features and syntax of Java language
- Develop Java applications that correctly apply the principles of object oriented design
- Effectively use Java class libraries and their advanced usage
- Understand generic, multi-threaded, network, database and GUI programming techniques using java
- Understand functional programming using lambdas
- Object-Oriented concepts * Defining classes and methods, constructors, access modifiers, Inheritance, overriding, overloading, polymorphism, constructor chaining, super keyword, abstract classes, static fields and methods, final keyword, MVC design pattern, var keyword, garbage collector improvements
- Arrays and Strings * Creating arrays, multidimensional arrays, strings, StringBuilder class, primitive wrapper classes
- Interfaces, Nested classes * Creating interfaces, difference between interfaces and nested classes, predefined interfaces, nested interfaces, static nested classes, inner classes, anonymous classes, records, sealed classes and interfaces, pattern matching for instanceof
- Input/output programming * Reading and writing text and binary files, random file access, serializations
- Multithreaded programming * Try and catch blocks, Exception class, creating custom exception classes, multiple catch blocks, run-time exceptions, the finally block
- Collections framework * Generics, Interfaces Set, Map and List and their implementations, iterators, set operations, wildcards, Comparable and Comparator interfaces
- JDBC * JDBC API with driver managers, result sets, cached row sets, prepared statements
- Functional programming * Functional interfaces, lambda expressions, streams
Skills Needed: "Java Programming for Beginners" is recommended for those new to Java. Experience in a programming language such as C or C++ may also help with learning Java.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 11-09-2021||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 02-08-2022||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|