All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Standard practices and techniques in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), work very well at established companies, but are not always applicable to young companies or fast-track projects. In the turbulent environment of young companies, change occurs faster than in more mature companies. In this course, students learn how to adapt generally accepted project-management techniques to young companies where project timelines are compressed.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand startup culture and your role and responsibilities as a project manager
- Develop Release Plans & Roadmaps with Adaptive Planning techniques
- Acquire Leadership Skills to deliver business value, manage rapid change, and executing with speed
- Adapting planning, scheduling, tracking, and control techniques to accelerated projects
- Leadership, politics, and the strategic aspects of project management
- Key project-management processes; managing virtual and cross-functional teams
- Web-based project management
This course shows managers and executives at young companies how to customize and use generally accepted project-management practices. In-class exercises and homework assignments lead students to results they can take back to work and immediately apply to their own projects.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.