Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Managing Projects at Startup Companies | PPMT.X401
Standard practices and techniques in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), work very well at established companies, but are not always applicable to young companies or fast-track projects. In the turbulent environment of young companies, change occurs faster than in more mature companies. In this course, students learn how to adapt generally accepted project-management techniques to young companies where project timelines are compressed.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand startup culture and your role and responsibilities as a project manager
- Develop Release Plans & Roadmaps with Adaptive Planning techniques
- Acquire Leadership Skills to deliver business value, manage rapid change, and executing with speed
- Adapting planning, scheduling, tracking, and control techniques to accelerated projects
- Leadership, politics, and the strategic aspects of project management
- Key project-management processes; managing virtual and cross-functional teams
- Web-based project management
This course shows managers and executives at young companies how to customize and use generally accepted project-management practices. In-class exercises and homework assignments lead students to results they can take back to work and immediately apply to their own projects.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.