Masks are highly recommended.
See our latest COVID news.
This course takes an intensive approach to the historical, legislative, and modern-day implications of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Participants will learn about the various types of diversity and their origins; the various components of cultural Equity; strategies for creating Inclusive environments; and how to be an effective Ally. Upon completion, you will be proficient at crafting and facilitating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) training for any sector.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Define and contextualize diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Identify and learn strategies to mitigate cultural and workplace inequities
- Articulate principles of inclusion in various environments
- Employ best practices for allyship
- Diversity 101
- Equity 101
- Inclusion 101
Articles will be provided by the instructor.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 10-29-2022||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-05-2022||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-12-2022||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-19-2022||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|