Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Networking Fundamentals | LINX.X415
This foundation course covers the concepts and technologies required for understanding today's data voice and video networks. It provides a comprehensive survey of networking standards and protocols used to define, understand, and work with a wide range of network topologies such as building or campus networks (LANs), mobile/regional (MANs), and large-scale networks such as company intranets, public internet, or data center networks. Through lab projects, you will also gain a strong foundation in networking protocols, hardware, industry standards, and connectivity solutions.
After taking this course, you will have a strong base for other courses and IT areas that rely on networks. You’ll have the knowledge for high-demand positions such as a network engineer, production engineer, and site reliability engineer. Understanding networking is also key in any IT administration role.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the media, data link layers & physical networks
- Explain Network Layer Concepts and the use of IP Addressing/Subnetting
- Explain how IP routing, TCP/IP and UDP work
- Identify the concepts fragmentation, sliding window and congestion control
- Contrast core protocols including IPv4, IPv6, and IPSec.
- Employ core Internet application protocols including DNS, DHCP, NAT, and HTTP
- Analyze the basic public/private key Cryptography and the basis of protocols like TLS/SSL
- Discuss SDN, Networking Visualization and the Future of Networking
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 01-10-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 01-24-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 01-31-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 02-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-07-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-14-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-21-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-28-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|