Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Personal Financial Planning, Practicum | FPLN.X490
This final course in the certificate program is open only to students who have completed all other required courses. You'll apply the skills and knowledge gained in prior courses through the extensive use of case studies, then undertake the process of preparing and presenting a complete financial plan in an environment of non-liability. You'll be exposed to the practical business and professional aspects of conducting a financial counseling practice, including ethics, and CFP®; standards of practice.
It is important that you have already successfully completed the two Foundation courses and five Required courses prior to enrolling in this final Capstone course. If you have any questions or have not met the prerequisite requirement, contact the department for approval by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolling in this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the content found within the Financial Planning curriculum and effectively apply and integrate this information in the formulation of a financial plan.
- Effectively communicate the financial plan, both orally and in writing, including information based on research, peer, colleague or simulated client interaction and/or results emanating from synthesis of material.
- Collect all necessary and relevant qualitative and quantitative information required to develop a financial plan.
- Analyze personal financial situations, evaluating clients’ objectives, needs, and values to develop an appropriate strategy within the financial plan.
- Demonstrate logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to a specific problem.
- Evaluate the impact of economic, political, and regulatory issues with regard to the financial plan.
- Apply the CFP Board Financial Planning Practice Standards to the financial planning process.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 04-13-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 04-27-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 05-11-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 05-25-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 06-08-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 06-22-2021||5:30 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|