All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course is filled with engineering insights. It first builds a solid foundation in scan-based design —a necessary skill for understanding more recent techniques like delay-fault testing, scan compression, and built-in self test (BIST). Students will gain hands-on experience in building scan chains and generating test patterns, using Synopsys DFT Compiler (DFTC) and TetraMAX ATPG. You will learn advanced topics such as inserting multiple scan chains, employing sequential ATPG to handle non-scan flops, optimizing DFT logic, understanding LBIST and MBIST, and following nanometer trends in testing.
The systematic hands-on labs reinforce techniques introduced in lecture, and are packed with useful information and practical guidelines. By the conclusion of the course, you will be able to hand off a full-scan design and generate a high-coverage test program for nanometer ASIC.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Use Design for Test Compiler (DFTC) to perform test-smart synthesis and insert scan chains
- Explain in detail how full-scan design enables ATPG to generate a pattern for particular testable fault in fault universe
- Hand off a full-scan design from DFTC to TetraMAX, and make use of all key features of the ATPG tool to generate a high-coverage test program. Employ sequential ATPG to handle non-scan flops
- Explain how on-chip BIST replaces external ATE, generating patterns and compacting the response
- Discuss nanometer trends in testing, such as detecting delay and bridging faults, adaptive scan, strategies for IP cores, testing low-power designs, and supporting testing of on-chip analog content
Skills Needed: A working knowledge of digital logic design is recommended.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $980
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.