Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Smart Cities: Foundations, Principles and Applications | SCMT.X408
In this course students will gain a deep understanding of the digital technologies, infrastructure, and social political forces shaping the future of our urban environments. They will use worldwide and local smart city case studies to better understand the eight key aspects that define a smart city—smart energy, smart building, smart mobility, smart infrastructure, smart technology, smart healthcare, smart citizen, and smart governance.
The class will explore how current methods in urban analysis and governance can lead to more sustainable and high-performing cities. At the end of the class, students will select a smart cities project, investigate, and present a case solution to the class.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the concept of smart cities, drivers, challenges, and components of smart cities, such as smart energy, smart transportation, smart education, and smart buildings.
- Explain the what, why and how of each smart city component.
- Distinguish worldwide and local smart cities projects.
- Create a strategic plan and solution for smart city project cases.
- Explain the smart city problem and proposed solution.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Wed, 05-12-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 05-19-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 05-26-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 06-02-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 06-09-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 06-16-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Wed, 06-23-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|