New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
DIVERSITY • EQUITY • INCLUSION
Improving student outcomes by leveraging filters of diversity
In this DEI for Early Childhood Success specialization we delve into the complex dynamics of culture, race, ability, gender and identity, learning new ways of seeing, listening, and acting to empower young learners.
We will explore cultural histories and pervasive obstacles to success in the classroom, learning to identity, interact, and effectively respond to common behaviors.
DEI for Early Childhood Success
- Help educators see the cultural dynamics of each student
- Understand how individual values are developed
- Identify emotions and perspectives that can be detrimental to students of color or with certain learning styles
- Use cultural awareness to filter rather than obstruct interactions and evaluation
- Explore new mediums of communication and assignments
- Lower language barriers that don’t support success
- Create a toolbox of best practices for positive inclusivity in the classroom.
Who this is for
Teachers, trainers, therapists, allies, administrators, parents, and industry consultants will benefit from this curriculum.
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): Varies
Required Credits: Mix of UC credit and CEUs
1. Four Required Courses
3. Completion Review
Specialization Inquiry Form
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (Udacity, Microfacturing Institutes) may have a shorter completion requirement.