DIVERSITY • EQUITY • INCLUSION
Improving student outcomes by leveraging filters of diversity
In this DEI for Early Childhood Success specialization we delve into the complex dynamics of culture, race, ability, gender and identity, learning new ways of seeing, listening, and acting to empower young learners.
We will explore cultural histories and pervasive obstacles to success in the classroom, learning to identity, interact, and effectively respond to common behaviors.
DEI for Early Childhood Success
- Help educators see the cultural dynamics of each student
- Understand how individual values are developed
- Identify emotions and perspectives that can be detrimental to students of color or with certain learning styles
- Use cultural awareness to filter rather than obstruct interactions and evaluation
- Explore new mediums of communication and assignments
- Lower language barriers that don’t support success
- Create a toolbox of best practices for positive inclusivity in the classroom.
Who this is for
Teachers, trainers, therapists, allies, administrators, parents, and industry consultants will benefit from this curriculum.
Estimated Cost: Varies (You pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: Mix of UC credit and CEUs
1. Four Required Courses
3. Completion Review
Specialization Inquiry Form
You can enroll in a specialization program at any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a specialization program. Note that the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your specialization requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your specialization will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the specialization program before enrolling in the Specialization Completion Review.
You have a total of three years to complete the courses for a specialization.
All the necessary units in a specialization must be completed within a three-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2019, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a specialization program does not trigger the beginning of the three-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to the program.
- The Completion Review process does not have to occur within the three-year timeframe.