Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
UCSC Silicon Valley Professional Education, the leading workforce educator in Silicon Valley, is the only accredited institution in the area to offer University of California-quality courses designed by experienced instructors who are actually working in their field.
- New college graduates needing practical skills
- Professionals looking to update skills
- Specialists wanting to change direction in their career
- People seeking accreditation, permits, continuing education units, exam preparation, curriculum for licensure
- Lifelong learners interested in studying with industry experts in the heart of Silicon Valley
Professional Education Curriculum
Key industry leaders and academic experts guide the creation of our University of California-approved curricula. Each course, packed with practical information that students can put into practice in real time, is designed to provide identified, in-demand job skills that link to regional needs. Many courses build upon each other, allowing students to master particular skills. Under the mentoring eye of instructors who are working professionals, students achieve a marked level of professionalism and, in certain cases, prepare for professional licensing exams.
Flexible Learning Paths
We value practical, flexible and focused learning environments. By offering primarily evening, weekend, blended hybrid and online courses, students enjoy hands-on and collaborative study with instructors working in the top companies in the regions.
Whatever your career goals, consider what distinguishes UCSC Silicon Valley.
- Varied instruction modes: onsite, online, live remote, hybrid
- Networking in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Practical skill-based job development that directly aligns with the needs of our regional workforce
- Convenient class times and dynamic online learning for working professionals
- Project-based learning that helps you build your portfolio and skills resume
- Instructors who are working professionals in their field
- More than a century-long history of quality, branded, trustworthy workforce development
A History of Excellence
This isn’t our first rodeo. We have helped generations of professionals learn new skills and technologies to compete in each emerging economy. Thousands of Silicon Valley professionals have studied with us and gone on to successful careers. Later, they've returned to develop new skills for the rapidly acceleration of development in their field.
Initially, it might be difficult to differentiate between all the new for-profit, online and onsite corporate training programs that promise swift success.
Only UC has a 150-year history in the San Francisco Bay Area as the leading regional workforce training provider, sustained ongoing partnerships with regional companies, workforce development programs and professional associations, and offers accredited courses. As part of the University of California, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension is certified by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
We have been in the professional development field for decades and we will be here to celebrate your success in the future.
UCSC Silicon Valley Professional Education combines the academic excellence of the University of California with the expertise of seasoned practitioners to provide advanced professional training that addresses the real-world needs of people who work and live in Silicon Valley.
Your Success is Our Success — We want to make your path to career success as smooth as possible. Our courses are designed to help you discover the skills necessary to navigate a career transition, a job promotion or a change in field.
As part of UC Santa Cruz, UCSC Silicon Valley Extension is certified by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).