Adobe Creative Suite is the industry standard for the production of professional graphics used by graphic, web and interface designers, administrative professionals, photographers, artists, editors, social media marketers, and creative hobbyists. In this class, we will navigate the dense interface of menus, tools, options, panels, keyboard helpers, and fundamental concepts as your graphics reach a new level of creativity.
Implementing the design process in this class provides opportunity for creative development of a unique identity. Students are introduced to software skills via demonstration, participation and hands-on exercises. Create a logo using vector-based graphics with Adobe Illustrator. Engage in photography and photo editing with Adobe Photoshop. Develop a page layout with Adobe InDesign that tells your story. Students will see how these three powerful applications work seamlessly together in a symphony of visual communication.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Manage a project’s workflow by integrating Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Complete a project that leverages all three applications using tools, techniques, options, keyboard helpers, panels and menus.
- Utilize typographic and graphic design principles to create conceptually driven visual communication with words and images.
- Illustrator: Vector shapes, layers, transformations, color swatches, fill and stroke, type and outlined type.
- Photoshop: Size and resolution, cropping, color and tonal edits, layers, synchronized color.
- InDesign: Basic typography, layout and page structure, placing graphics, text wrap.
Working knowledge of:
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Familiar with Macintosh.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign installed on your computer.
Access to a camera.
Focused time and a suitable environment for Zoom classes.
We will focus on a concept driven project for the 7-week class. Please expect and plan to practice your keyboard skills at least 3-6 hours each week in addition to the weekly Zoom instruction. Skills will build each week and are all necessary for successful completion of the class.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.