Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Artificial Intelligence for Robotics | AISV.807
The AI robotics industry is rapidly growing, creating numerous jobs for people who understand enterprise implementation. In this AI for Robotics course, you will learn the role AI plays in enabling robotic technologies to solve a variety of enterprise problems. We will focus on advanced AI techniques for perception, manipulation, reasoning, and learning, and explore methods for integrating these techniques with robots and drones. You will learn to train your own custom machine learning models to perform object detection and explore the AI software development life cycle and its specific nuances—data preparation, model training, and validation.
Through discussion, technical demonstration and hands-on practice, you will learn to:
- Design, develop, and deploy AI applications for robotics.
- Translate industry use cases into AI for robotics application in large enterprises.
- Apply machine learning techniques such as computer vision and natural language processing for robotics.
- Industry use cases and case studies in AI for robotics
- Robotics architecture
- Data acquisition and sensor fusion
- Computer vision
- Crack detection
- Mobile picking robots
- Natural language processing
- Collaborative robots
- Demonstrations and project presenations
- Deep learning applications
Students should be proficient in programming languages, such as C++ or Python. Knowledge of AI/ML solutions and related frameworks is suggested as well as familiarity with algebra and higher-level mathematics.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.