All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Understanding the molecular and cellular basis of cancer is essential for the development of new therapeutic strategies and diagnostic tools. This course explores the basic biology of cancer, including the key cellular processes and players, whose alteration leads to uncontrolled cell proliferation. Topics include the pathology and genetic basis of cancer, the immune system, and the role of infectious agents and environmental carcinogens in the disease process. You'll also discuss emerging therapies and strategies for cancer prevention.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the cellular and molecular basis of cancer and tumor progression
- Discuss therapeutic strategies for the treatment or prevention of cancer.
- Demonstrate research skills and be able to search current Internet resources and databases for genes involved in cancer.
- Cellular and molecular biology of cancer
- Developing independent research and designing therapeutic strategies.
Professional Credit: CA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 09-10-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-17-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-24-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-01-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|