See our latest COVID updates.
The course begins with programming and tools overview. It introduces the functions, data types, input/output, strings, operators, precedence, and expressions. It also demonstrates the use of control statements, arrays, and pointers for problem solving. Students will receive assignments to write non-trivial programs and learn to create modular programs with efficiency and readability.
This course will benefit individuals who want to learn C programming language but have little or no programming background. The lectures stress the strengths of C providing students with the means of writing efficient, maintainable and portable code. Each instruction is supplemented with programming exercises.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Utilize C language to write non-trivial programs
- Use variety of data types suitable to specific programming needs including your own data types
- Use functions from C library and create and use your own functions
- Use arrays and pointers as part of the software solution
- Demonstrate the use of the various control flow features
- Utilize modular features of the C language and demonstrate efficiency and readability
- Compiling, linking, executing, debugging and running a C Program
- Functions, data types
- Input and Output, character strings
- Operators and precedence
- Control statement
- Advanced topics
Skills Needed: Technical aptitude and experience with a computer operating system or equivalent knowledge.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 01-03-2023||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Tue, 04-04-2023||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|