This course presents the effective planning and management of drugs and biologics clinical research trials. Exercises and case studies will illustrate how to develop and manage activities, timelines and budgets; examine staffing and resource requirements; and lead and motivate effective teams. Strategic clinical development plans, team and clinical site performance problems are also discussed.
This course will benefit clinical research professionals who are planning to begin or like to manage clinical research studies.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe critical elements of a clinical trial projects, methods of project management and documentation
- Discuss role of a clinical trial manager and/or clinical project manager, and strategies of risk assessment and mitigation
- Discuss Clinical Trial Management Planning (Budgeting & Timeline)
- Identify pathways and resources needed for successful clinical research trials, and tools of project management
- Project development and management
- Building a Quality Management Plan
- How/Why Clinical Trial fails?
- Using Metrics to improve trial management
Working knowledge of:
- Communication and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, or LibreOffice
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas including navigation links, modules, etc.
- Organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks and work well with others
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Students should have a broad educational background with courses in computers and public health science management.
Completion of a general course in the content area of Clinical Research, or 2 years of experience in the Clinical Research workplace.
Professional CreditCA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114, 20.0 Hours.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.