Designing a UX or Visual Design Portfolio | UEWD.X422
You're a designer, and you're good at designing. But design skills are one thing, and selling these skills is another story entirely. An online portfolio site can market your services to clients around the world. It helps explain your vision and your process, and showcases examples of your best work. This class will teach you the steps to designing an expertly curated portfolio, including selecting a website hosting service, constructing a Wordpress website, customizing your website with various themes, plugins, and widgets, and optimizing your website for search engine results. By the end of the course, you will build a portfolio that best reveals who you are as a designer, as well as the value you can offer clients or your future employer.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Apply best practice guidelines for layout, navigation, content selection, basic HTML and CSS coding, and file structure to building a Wordpress portfolio site
- Select portfolio work samples that reflect the goals of the designer and the portfolio site
- Effectively categorize projects and apply navigation that allows for easy viewing of work samples
- Create visual comps and polished drafts that guide development of the portfolio site pages
- Apply basic techniques for polishing site content and planning for future site expansion
- Apply image optimization techniques, improve overall site performance, and optimize for search engine results
Prerequisite Skills: Have basic HTML and CSS knowledge.
Have a question about this course?
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 05-13-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 05-20-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 05-27-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 06-03-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 06-10-2021||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|