New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Designing User Experience for AR, Smart Things, Virtual Reality, and Wearable Technology | UEWD.X405
Consumers have entered a multi-device environment where they own multiple connected devices such as watches, smart products, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), smart glasses, activity trackers, Internet of Things (IoT), smartphones, tablets and home automation, and use them cohesively. As these devices evolve, so does the process of mobile design, including the mobile UI and mobile UX that work across these products. This course encourages you to create UX/UI features for real-world mobile app products.
This course offers a hands-on approach to the UX/UI design guidelines for these devices. You will learn the principles of creating effective user interfaces that incorporate wearable technology. In addition, you will be introduced to rapid prototyping tools. The course covers flat design, responsive design, and parallax web design. You will also learn new lean models that will help you cultivate new design processes and solve problems for your products. The course emphasizes product coherence among multiple devices. Topics include future UI design trends such as mHealth, mPayment, mCommerce, voice-user interface, augmented reality, VR and emotional design. At the end of this course you will have a design portfolio and prototype that you can showcase to employers.
- Apple Watch human interface guidelines
- Android Wear human interface guidelines
- Augmented Reality (AR) UX design
- Virtual Reality (VR) UX/UI design (Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR)
- Designing smart things UX/UI
- Autonomous Cars UX
- Drone Mobile UX Design
- Connected home and IoT UX/UI
- Chatbots UX/UI design (Facebook, Slack)
- Car dashboard UX/UI design (Apple, Google, Tesla)
- UX of voice interaction (Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri)
- Smart tracking (Tile)
- Healthcare, sport, smart baby devices
- InVision mobile prototyping tool
- How to create emotional design and micro interactions UX
- Responsive design/parallax design
- Designing glasses for AR
- Creating multi-device experiences
Skills Needed: Familiarity with a drawing tool is required to complete class exercises (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks or Sketch.)
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 11-06-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-13-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-20-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-04-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-18-2021||9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|