Masks are highly recommended.
See our latest COVID news.
This course provides an in-depth exploration into the expanding world of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), covering responsive website designs that work with smartphone, tablet or desktop monitors. Lectures and hands-on exercises cover essential CSS3 properties, concepts, techniques, and applications of media queries, styling forms, fonts and structural pseudo-classes. You will also learn how to handle browser compatibility issues.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use the latest CSS capabilities to create Web pages with clean, efficient and cutting-edge designs that meet the demands of mobile, tablet and desktop users.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
- It is required that students take the prerequisite courses or have equivalent experience. HTML and CSS basics will not be repeated in this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Design Web pages that respond to media types (mobile phones, tablets, desktops).
- Use child, sibling and structural pseudo-class selectors.
- Style forms.
- Create drop-down menus.
- Use Flex Box
- CSS Grid Layout
- Understand browser compatibility issues.
- Apply CSS3 properties
- Designing Web pages that respond to media types (mobile phones, tablets, desktops)
- Using browser development tools for testing purposes
- Vendor prefixes
- Child, sibling and structural pseudo-class selectors
- CSS3 properties, including: * Border radius
- Web Typography
- CSS Animation properties
- Grid Layout
- Drop-down menus
- Style forms
- Validation of HTML and CSS code
- Testing for Accessibility
* Box and text shadows
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 11-04-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Fri, 12-09-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|