This course provides an in-depth exploration into the expanding world of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), covering responsive website designs that work with smartphone, tablet or desktop monitors. Lectures and hands-on exercises cover essential CSS3 properties, concepts, techniques, and applications of @media queries, Flexbox and Grid layout properties, styling forms and the application of structural pseudo-classes. The course also covers web typography and the use of CSS rules such as the @font-face and the @keyframes rule for animation. Consideration for designing for accessibility will also be discussed.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use the latest CSS capabilities to create Web pages with clean, efficient and cutting-edge designs that meet the demands of mobile, tablet and desktop users.
- Designing Web pages that respond to media types (mobile phones, tablets, desktops)
- Using browser development tools for testing purposes
- Vendor prefixes
- Child, sibling and structural pseudo-class selectors
- CSS3 properties, including: * Border radius
- Web Typography
- CSS Animation properties
- Grid Layout
- Drop-down menus
- Style forms
- Validation of HTML and CSS code
- Testing for Accessibility
* Box and text shadows
Skills Needed: It is required that students take the prerequisite courses or have equivalent experience. HTML and CSS basics will not be repeated in this course.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 03-11-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|
|Fri, 04-15-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Self-paced||ONLINE|