All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course will focus on the technologies and tools used by DevOps engineers. Upon completion of this course students will understand the core technologies and tools used within DevOps environments.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand the core concepts used in virtual and containerized environments
- Understand Microservices and SoC (separation of concerns)
- Write scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Virtual Environments
- Write scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Container-Based Environments
- Why DevOps? What do DevOps engineers/teams do?
- Automating Deployments * Using BASH
- Virtual Environments * Virtual Machine Concepts
- Microservices * Why Microservices
- Containers and Docker * Concepts
- Deploying Containers in Virtual Machines * Docker + Vagrant
- Infrastructure as Code * Git
* Programmatic ssh
* Tools: Vagrant
* Automating N-Tier VM Deployments
* Hybrid Microservice Architectures
* Deploying Microservices in Containers
* N-Tier Container Deployments
Skills Needed: Students must have basic programming experience using a high level programming language like Java, Python, C#, or a scripting environment like Bash.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.