Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
DevOps Technologies | SEQA.X408
DevOps is a combination of software development and IT operations methodologies and technologies. DevOps introduces many functional and technical changes in how companies design, develop, and deploy technologies, infrastructures, and applications. DevOps combines Agile software development practices and IT automation techniques to achieve rapid rates of high quality deployment.
This course will focus on the technologies and tools used by DevOps engineers. Upon completion of this course students will understand the core technologies and tools used within DevOps environments.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the core concepts used in virtual and containerized environments
- Understand Microservices and SoC (separation of concerns)
- Write scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Virtual Environments
- Write scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Container-Based Environments
- Why DevOps? What do DevOps engineers/teams do?
- Automating Deployments * Using BASH
- Virtual Environments * Virtual Machine Concepts
- Microservices * Why Microservices
- Containers and Docker * Concepts
- Deploying Containers in Virtual Machines * Docker + Vagrant
- Infrastructure as Code * Git
* Programmatic ssh
* Tools: Vagrant
* Automating N-Tier VM Deployments
* Hybrid Microservice Architectures
* Deploying Microservices in Containers
* N-Tier Container Deployments
Skills Needed: Students must have basic programming experience using a high level programming language like Java, Python, C#, or a scripting environment like Bash.
Have a question about this course?
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 04-02-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 04-09-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 04-16-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 04-23-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 04-30-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 05-07-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 05-14-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 05-21-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 05-28-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Fri, 06-04-2021||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|