This course examines the process of building a staff organization through development of effective communication and interpersonal relationships. Topics include the criteria for selection and evaluation of personnel, involvement of staff in the planning and evaluation of programs, the administrative role in promoting professional growth, teaching effectiveness and developing sensitivity to individual needs.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the roles of a supervisor, mentor, and coach in an ECE setting
- Discuss expectations of a mentoring relationship
- Explain how to make and communicate observations of teachers and the learning environments they create
- Identify how to guide educators in facilitating professional development
- Introduction to Developing Coaching & Mentoring Relationships
- Relationship-Based Professional Development
- Building Professional Relationships with Adults
- Communicating to Support Teacher Awareness
- Adult Learning and Planning for Teacher Development
- Coaching to Connect Curriculum, Assessment & Teaching
- Supervisors and Teacher-Leaders as Mentors or Coaches
Working knowledge of:
Please review section notes to view the full schedule.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.