In this course, you'll examine basic child development theories in relation to design and implementation of curriculum for young children. Topics include the design of developmentally appropriate lesson plans and learning centers to fit the needs of specific age groups, the steps involved in curriculum development, material and equipment selection, planning group experiences, and basic guidance techniques for young children. The course emphasizes the value of play and learning environments and developmentally appropriate materials and activities.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe what the developmentally appropriate practices are according to NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- Discuss various websites that could help an early childhood teacher with planning units of study
- Explain why the 8 curriculum areas should be included in a quality early childhood program
- Identify what the 8 curriculum areas are that should be included in lesson planning & curriculum
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 05-14-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 05-21-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 05-28-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-04-2022||9:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 06-11-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|