All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course focuses on the dynamics between the young child and his or her family, school and community, including various cultural and social influences. Participants explore ways to develop communication skills between young children and peer groups, parents and teachers. Community resources and social services, including healthcare, welfare and counseling, are reviewed.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify ways to support families around issues of attachment and trust
- Describe social influence on children and families
- Identify strategies to understand families’ goals values and culture
- Identify strategies for supporting families through community resources and networks
- Explain RERUN procedures for problem solving.
- Explain how social policy issues affect children and how to advocate for children
- Early care and education programs as community resources
- Supporting families through community resources and network
- Supporting families around issues of attachment and trust
- Societal influences on children and families
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 06-20-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Mon, 08-01-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|