This course is highly beneficial for anyone working in an early childhood educational setting. It introduces the theory, practices, and requirements for establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment. Topics include healthcare policies and procedures in the child-care setting, childhood nutrition and obesity, prevention of disease transmission and injuries, child abuse and neglect. You will also learn to provide a quick health check for children and plan healthy menus.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand health care policies and procedures in the child care setting.
- Identify safe and healthy environments for young children.
- Discuss prevention of disease transmission and injuries.
- Identify appropriate care and intervention for the sick or injured child.
- Describe Emergency preparedness.
- Describe child abuse and neglect.
- Understand emotional health.
- Discuss preventive health practices.
- Understand Nutrition and feeding issues.
- Outdoor Home Playground Safety
- Indoor and outdoor activity spaces
Working knowledge of:
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Students are encouraged to obtain CPR certification
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment: