All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify major factors that influence language development.
- Understand the Maturation (Normative), Predetermined/Innatist, Cognitive, and Constructivist Theories of language
- Define literacy, grammar, phonology, and semantics
- Understand the role adults play in children's language development
- Identify common speech problems
- Understand differences in children's language
- Understand the importance of early literacy
- Describe ways that teachers can promote literacy growth
- Incorporate Language Arts Curricula into daily instruction in order to support students
- Design a classroom environment that supports literacy for children
- Discuss multicultural book use
- Describe how story-telling can improve children's language development
- Understand how poetry and dramatic play can help improve children’s literacy
- Understand the correlation of reading and writing
- Analyze a parent's role in helping children's literacy
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.