Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Educational Assessments I | EDTH.X303
This course introduces the assessment tools and procedures frequently used in educational therapy settings. In addition to classroom activities, you’ll gain field experience using specific assessment instruments. You’ll have access to a limited number of assessment instruments and will be assisted in your fieldwork placement. Testing is limited to educational assessment tools, which are widely used by educational therapists and do not require authorization to administer (i.e., credentialing as a school psychologist or licensing as a clinical or educational psychologist). The course offers insight into how to administer tests used by educational therapists.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Explain the purposes of formal and informal assessment
- Read, understand, and summarize educational testing reports
- Administer a standardized assessment correctly
- Recognize common tests of phonological awareness, visual motor integration, reading, writing, listening, and math
- Use test data to plan remediation in one academic area
- Understanding why educational therapists give assessments and conduct interviews
- How to identify which assessments are appropriate for educational therapists to administer
- How to review psycho-educational reports and other allied professional assessments in order to develop an effective treatment plan
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.