All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
An increasing number of companies are using HTML5 to develop web and mobile applications. This course will acquaint you with the new standard of HTML. Through a combination of hands-on exercises and lectures, you will explore the evolution of HTML, XHTML and HTML5, and learn about the many new features available in HTML5.
The course includes a series of in-class exercises and lessons with homework. By the end of the course you will be able to build cutting edge web content, support multiple viewers and browsers, and determine what the best applications are for your web and mobile project.
- To be successful in this class all students should have working knowledge of Google’s G Suite or Microsoft Office, proper email etiquette, and essential understanding of Canvas.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand and apply the new HTML5 structure and semantics to a web page.
- Apply new form elements and attributes.
- Add video and audio to a web page.
- Apply drag and drop capabilities to a web page.
- Apply API's for geolocation and canvas capabilities.
- History of HTML
- What is HTML5?
- New structure and syntax
- Web Accessibility
- Web forms
- Audio and video
- Canvas Element and API - graphics and animation
- Geolocation API
- Drag & drop API
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 10-22-2022||9:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-03-2022||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|