Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Immunology, Principles | BTEC.X409
Immunology involves a complex network of interacting molecules and cells that function to recognize and respond to foreign agents. It also has wide-ranging implications for the pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotechnology industries. This course provides the fundamental principles of immunology, along with recent developments and their implications for drug discovery and development, as well as disease treatment.
- Innate, humoral and cell-mediated immunity
- The clonal selection of lymphocytes
- Antigens, antibodies and their interactions
- Antibody gene rearrangement
- Lymphocyte development
- Aspects of clinical immunology such as inflammation
- The immune response to bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic diseases
- AIDS and other immunodeficiencies
- Autoimmune diseases
- Transplantation immunology
The course highlights immunological techniques important in research and clinical laboratories. This course is intended for researchers in biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies, nurses, and others interested in gaining a background in the fundamentals of immunology. It has been specifically designed both for those who are new to immunology and for those who already have some understanding but wish to update their knowledge.Professional Credit: CA BRN/LVN Credit--Provider #CEP13114.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 01-07-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 01-14-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 01-21-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 01-28-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 02-04-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 02-11-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 02-18-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 02-25-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Fri, 03-04-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|