Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Enjoy a fully remote summer of professional education at the Silicon Valley Campus and the re-emergence of in-person courses in September. Visit our COVID update page.
Law and Human Resource Management | HRMT.X405
This course outlines the laws and agencies that regulate employment relationships in California and on a federal level. These fundamental labor laws must be understood to prevent or, if necessary, defend against employment litigation and government audits.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe legal issues and laws that impact human resources and
- Explain strategies to minimize legal
- Identify legal risks and strategies for more effective HR administration
- Wrongful termination
- Employment discrimination under state and federal law
- Sexual (and other) harassment
- Workplace privacy
- Wage and hour regulations
- Labor unions
- Collective bargaining
- Strikes and picketing under the National Labor Relations Act
- Leaves of absence
- Noncompetition and trade secrets
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Substance use and abuse in the workplace
- Affirmative action plans and requirements
- Independent contractor vs. employee
- Workers' compensation and reductions in workforce
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 09-11-2021||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-18-2021||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-25-2021||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|