All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Logistics management is the art of getting materials from here to there. It includes transporting products through truck, rail, water, and air. We all have experienced the dramatic impacts of critical shortages such as masks and PPEs—items that could mean life or death during a pandemic.
This course will discuss the history of each mode, government oversight, and regulation of transportation, as well as the deregulation of transportation that occurred in the 1980s. What are the best methods of transport for local shipments? What about transport to other parts of the world? We’ll cover the advantages and disadvantages of each mode.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" as the first course prior to taking this course.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify the various modes of transportation and their advantages
- Review key elements of transportation law and deregulation
- Recognize international shipping terms used in the industry
- Recognize how global supply chains coordinate the flow of goods and services
- Explain how supply chain decisions can impact global channel structures
- Review commonly used international shipping terminology
- History and evolution of logistics
- Modes of transportation
- Costs of transportation
- Class and commodity rates
- Transportation law and deregulation
- Internal logistics and global supply chains
- Leading technology and trends in logistics
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 06-30-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 07-07-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 07-14-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 07-21-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 07-28-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 08-04-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 08-11-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 08-18-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 08-25-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 09-01-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|