Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Mobile Health: The Evolving Industry and Regulatory Landscape | MEDD.X404
This interactive course will help students understand the regulations, standards and guidance related to the evolving mobile health technology sector. Mobile health is developing novel technological solutions that spans the scope of healthcare, from wellness to patient and clinician support, to chronic disease management to digital therapeutics. Through lectures, case studies, assignments, and in-class games you will learn in a hands-on manner on how to develop and implement a mobile health device regulatory strategy, develop supporting clinical evidence, handle post-market changes to devices, and handle aspects of privacy, confidentiality. The course will extensively review current FDA policies on General Wellness, Mobile Medical Applications, Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and AI/ML devices.
At the end of the course, students should be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge of current framework for FDA’s regulatory oversight of mobile medical devices and apps
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to develop and execute a mobile medical device regulatory strategy
- Explain regulatory aspects related to privacy, cybersecurity and confidentiality of mobile medical devices
- Develop strategies to handle the regulatory implications of post-market changes for software and AI devices
Have a question about this course?
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 02-28-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-14-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-21-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-28-2022||6:00 p.m.||8:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|