Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Principles of Business Analysis | BUSM.X400
This course provides a sound foundation in business analysis concepts and lays the groundwork for advanced studies. You'll learn the Six Sigma techniques to define value; including the project management skills needed to plan, manage, and communicate; requirements management approaches needed to elicit, analyze, solicit, and verify requirements; and enterprise architecture techniques to promote knowledge retention, reduction of complexity, and reuse. Learn to control your current business processes and derive business requirements for process and automation projects that add value to your organization. The course includes group and individual exercises, a threaded case study, and an action planning on-the-job (OTJ) implementation.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss fundamental business analysis concepts
- Distinguish between the roles of a business analyst and project manager
- Identify the key business analyst responsibilities and deliverables in each of the knowledge areas
- Identify stakeholders and select appropriate techniques for eliciting their requirements
- Understand business analysis tasks necessary to complete a business analysis effort
- Describe how a business analyst works with stakeholders to identify and comprehend their needs
- Understand how a business analyst manages issues and changes to maintain agreement on solution scope
- Decide which business analysis activities are most appropriate to identify needs
- Clarify needs and solutions with various stakeholder groups
- Define business analysis tasks that progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements
- Determine business analysis tasks that progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements when gaps are identified
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 20 Professional Development Units.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 03-27-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 04-03-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 04-10-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 04-17-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 04-24-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 05-01-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 05-08-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Sat, 05-15-2021||8:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|