In today's dynamic business environment, every aspect of an organization needs to perform value-added activities that have a positive impact on the bottom line. Regulatory and quality units in more and more biomedical industry corporations are relying on quality audits as a means to improve operations. By auditing domestic and international quality system regulations (GXP, QSR and ISO), these organizations are assessing and improving the effectiveness of their internal systems and those of their suppliers and corporate partners.
This hands-on course introduces participants to fundamental auditing principles and techniques including planning, conducting, analyzing, and communicating audit results in terms that are meaningful to senior managers. By understanding the psychology of audits and practicing questioning techniques, participants will take their organization's quality audit program to another level.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Explain how audits can help an organization achieve its strategic business objectives
- Provide a brief overview of the audit process
- Understand the psychology of audits
- Learn different ways of using questioning techniques to make the audits “value added”
- Understand, communicate and present non-conformances to 21 CFR 820 in a simulated audit setting
- Understand the MDSAP audit model
- Anatomy of the Audit Process
- Attributes of a Good Auditor
- Auditor Strategies
- The Communication Process
Working knowledge of:
- Communication and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, or LibreOffice
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas including navigation links, modules, etc.
- MEDD.X407 " Quality Systems for Medical Devices: ISO 13485 and FDA Requirements" or equivalent experience.
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
Most of the class materials provided via Canvas
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|07-15-2023 to 07-22-2023||1.5||$750||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 07-15-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 07-15-2023||8:30 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 07-22-2023||8:30 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|