Spring Courses Open for Enrollment15% discount on select winter & spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Certificates Frequently Asked Question
Can I get a digital badge for my professional studies?
A digital badge for recently issued certificates, specializations, and two of our mentored certificate courses* can be used to showcase your skills on social media, link you to the latest jobs, and keep prospective employers up to date on your accomplishments.
Your Job Market Analytics
Additionally, your badge is linked to job market analytics to assist you in leveraging your accomplishments in a competitive market.
Active Job Listings
Once you've linked to your badge, be sure to check out the Labor Market Insights featuring active job postings that match your skills. The data is sourced from more than 25,000 global job boards and corporate career sites, the U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Updated 24/7, the listings help you find and surface jobs and career opportunities by title, location, employer, and salary range.
Claim Your Badge Today
Claim your badge today to highlight your skills and your commitment to professional learning, connect to the job market analytics that get you noticed, and celebrate your achievement. See qualification guidelines below.
If you received your certificate or specialization in 2019 or later, you qualify for a free badge immediately. If you completed your studies between Jan. 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2018, you can request a badge for $50. Details below.
How to Claim Your Digital Badge
- Review Request to Verify Completion
Submit your request for Certificate or Specialization Review to verify that you have successfully completed all certificate requirements.
You will be sent an email to claim your digital badge from email@example.com with instructions to claim your badge.
- Badge Reminder Email
If you do not create an account with Acclaim** to get your badge, you will receive a couple of reminder emails letting you know that you’ve earned this benefit.
- Before sharing your digital badge
Connect your LinkedIn account through the Acclaim platform to streamline sharing. You can also connect your Twitter, Facebook, and XING accounts to your badge profile.
- Posting your digital badge
You have several posting opportunities.
- Copy and post the unique badge URL on social media.
- Embed the badge on a personal website.
- Send it via email to a contact or employer.
- Download the badge and paste the image on a resumé or add it to an email signature.
- Send it through Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp on a mobile device.
- For a free badge, you must have been issued a certificate after Jan. 1, 2019. (You should have received an invitation email from Student Services to claim your digital badge.)
- If you were issued a certificate between Jan. 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2018, you may purchase a digital badge for $50. Please let us know you're interested!
- NOTE: Badges are only available for UCSC Silicon Valley certificates that are currently offered.
**Our digital badge partner
Acclaim by Credly is a badging platform that works with credible organizations to recognize, manage and share professional achievements. Acclaim is backed by Pearson, a global education company committed to strengthening the employability of learners.