Grades Frequently Asked Question

Can I change my grade option after the course begins?

Yes; you have up until the final course day to request a change inĀ grade status. However, courses paid by most employers, all government sponsored (WIOA, etc.) payment programs, and courses leading toward certification (such as Education courses) often require a letter grade. All courses fulfilling a UCSC Extension certificate (required and elective) must be taken for a letter grade.