All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
Passwords Frequently Asked Question
How do I get a student account username and password?
To create a UCSC Silicon Valley Extension student account,
- Click on the Student Account Log In page.
- Click “Create My New New Student Account.”
- Follow the prompts to create your account.
- Please store your user name and password where you can locate it for future log on to the site.
Avoid Creating Multiple Profiles—Creating a new profile each time you log on creates multiple records and will make it difficult to access your academic history.
Student Number/ Changing Your User Name
Your student number is your user name.
If you do not have a student number and password, one will be assigned to you with your first enrollment.
You can change your student number to a user name that you can easily remember by logging back into the Student Account Login page and following directions.
Current or Returning Students
Forget your password or user name?
To recover your username or reset your password for your UCSC Silicon Valley student account,
- Click Login on the website main menu or click on the Student Account Login page.
- On the following screen, click "forgot password" link.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password.
- Be sure to check your spam, junk, or promotions folder (Gmail users) for the recovery email.
If you have issues creating a student account or need assistance, please contact Student Services — Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- (408) 861-3860