Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Where's the data?
Learning business analytics fundamentals to drive growth
In a data-driven economy, creating value means leveraging data to identify, strategize, and solve business problems.
In this certificate course, you’ll learn the fundamentals in gathering, analyzing and presenting strategic data effectively to different audiences.
Data scientists and analytics experts working in some of the most successful global companies—Looker, Facebook, Novartis, and Prudential—will teach you how to drive growth and influence decision-making using the data in your organization.
A 10-week online, mentored certificate course
A fully online program with optional, but highly recommended, live, weekly, instructor-led classes.
- Nov. 1–Jan. 21 Optional live-online classes Mondays, 4–6 p.m. (PT)
- Jan. 10–April 1 Optional live-online classes Mondays, 4–6 p.m. (PT)
Topics of study
Understand application workflows, design tables, determine primary keys and use the right data types effectively.
SQL, The Language of Data
Develop SQL queries and learn techniques such as filtering, working with joins and using aggregate functions.
Data Visualization Tools
Design research questions and select tools, techniques and visualization types to highlight insights. Get hands-on with Tableau.
Develop business objectives and articulate their relationship to business performance.
- Recent graduates looking to build practical, hands-on skill sets
- Business professionals looking to improve their analytics skills
- Experienced professionals re-entering the workforce
- Working professionals looking to make a shift into business analytics or expanding potential by becoming more knowledgeable about data-informed decision making
- Entrepreneurs seeking to grow their business by utilizing a set of analytics tools