All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Apply object oriented concepts to software development problems using modern C++
- Understand and use the basic programming constructs of C++
- Manipulate various C++ data types, such as arrays, strings, and pointers
- Write C++ code using principles of object-oriented programming
- Understand design patterns in C++ using singleton pattern
- Manage memory appropriately, including proper allocation/deallocation procedures using unique and smart pointers
- Principles of object-oriented analysis and design
- Stream classes for input/output and to read/write files
- User defined data types using structures and classes
- Declarations of identifiers, pointers, function pointers and references
- Reuse code and extend existing data types through inheritance
- Memory management and dynamic array declarations
- Create class/function templates and understand STL
- Use static member variables and static member functions
- Declare friend functions and friend classes
- Function overloading and operator overloading
- Polymorphism concept using virtual function
- Understand exceptions handling techniques using try/catch syntax
Note(s) Students must have access to a 2017 or above C++ compiler.
Skills Needed Experience with a high level programming language such as C/Java/Python.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.