This course starts with a comprehensive overview of signal and power integrity analysis for high-speed systems. The instructor promptly moves on to cover the state-of-the art modeling and analysis techniques used in high-speed links. The course introduces accurate interconnect modeling including high frequency and second-order effects, and behavioral modeling of IO and ESD, including IBIS. Students will learn the concepts of equalization design and various signaling techniques (such as differential, NRZ, pulse, multi-level, etc.). At the system level, topics include clocking schemes and timing jitter analysis, as well as power analysis topics such as IR Drop, AC noise, simultaneous switching noise, and decoupling capacitor. The course concludes with a discussion of variations in manufacturing and methods to handle them in simulation and design.
Upon completing the course, students will have a strong understanding of signal and power integrity concepts and terminology. They will acquire the skills to design, model, and analyze high-speed interconnects. They will be able to relate various link blocks and parameters to system performance and make trade off decisions.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand signal and power integrity concepts and terminology
- Perform design, modeling, and analysis of high-speed interconnects and systems
- Explain the impacts of inter-symbol interference, jitter, power supply noise on the performance of high speed systems
- Apply equalization, modulation, and advanced signaling techniques to increase system bandwidth
- Identify and relate various high-speed link components and parameters to system performance and make trade off decisions
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $1020
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860