Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Decision-Making Tools and Techniques | PPMT.X418
Project managers are, above everything else, decision makers and problem solvers. A project manager's effectiveness is directly proportional to his or her decision-making ability. This course is for those professionals who want to improve their decision-making skills through the use of modern-day computer tools and techniques. Participants learn how to make effective decisions relating to project schedules, product design trade-offs, project cost estimating, problem solving and project risk analyses. Examples, in-class exercises and homework using spreadsheet techniques and Internet tools enable participants to become confident in the use and application of practical decision-making methods.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Recognize need of soft skills and make effective group decisions using soft skills
- Understand and apply decision making process while making decisions
- Make effective decisions using Analytical Hierarchical Process and Decision Trees
- Effectively handle project cost and budget uncertainties by making right decisions and tradeoffs
- Spreadsheet modeling and decision analysis
- Decision tools for project schedule management
- How to make multicriteria decisions using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP
- Making effective project cost decisions
- How to use computer tools to optimize product designs
- Decision trees: when and how to use them
- How to make decisions when dealing with schedule and cost uncertainties
- How to select the most appropriate decision-making tool
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.