In this course, participants are introduced to report writing and the interpretation of findings from scores, interviews, and checklists. Discussion is limited to educational assessment tools which are widely used by educational therapists and do not require authorization to administer (i.e., credentialing as a school psychologist or licensing as a clinical or educational psychologist). Assessment batteries administered in the previous assessment course are used to generate the formal report. Participants also learn how to interpret test results, reports and findings from other allied professionals.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Use 3 or more standardized assessment tools
- Obtain a developmental history
- Record test results and interpret them in writing
- Summarize diagnostic information into a learning profile and recommendations
- Consent forms and confidentiality
- Scoring educational tests
- Summarizing testing data
- Making educational recommendations
- Presenting assessment findings
Working knowledge of:
- Communication and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, or LibreOffice
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas including navigation links, modules, etc.
Please review section notes to view the full schedule.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 01-16-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 01-23-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 01-30-2024||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 02-06-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-13-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 02-20-2024||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 02-27-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 03-05-2024||12:01 a.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online Traditional||ONLINE|
|Tue, 03-12-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 03-19-2024||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Hybrid Live-Online||REMOTE|