Enroll Now for Spring Discount15% discount on select spring courses for all subscribers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Our courses are taught remotely through spring 2021. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Facilitation Skills | HRMT.X406
This course focuses on how facilitation skills are applied to create and support learning activity designed to improve individual, group, and organizational performance. Participants also learn how these skills can be applied to other organizational needs related to training: effective meetings, team-building efforts, and individual training and development programs. This experiential course gives participants an opportunity to practice facilitation skills and receive feedback on how to improve their performance.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify facilitation strengths and opportunities for development through experience, feedback, observation and reflection
- Identify and understand the facilitator’s role and application in group settings
- Explain the difference between process and content as it relates to facilitation
- Understand and experience elements of the group development process
- Build a facilitation tool kit for use in the workplace
- Refine and practice group observation skills to better manage group processes
- Identify and observe the roles of group members for functional and nonfunctional behaviors
- The values of facilitation
- Building and maintaining a learning environment
- Group development skills
- Group observation skills
- Experimental techniques for interacting with groups
- Recording theory and practice
- Examination of key processes necessary in successfully leading learning activities (such as needs assessment, priorities and goals, conflict resolution, decision making, problem solving, and communication)
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 19.25 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 19.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.