This course focuses on how facilitation skills are applied to create and support learning activity designed to improve individual, group, and organizational performance. Participants also learn how these skills can be applied to other organizational needs related to training: effective meetings, team-building efforts, and individual training and development programs. This experiential course gives participants an opportunity to practice facilitation skills and receive feedback on how to improve their performance.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Identify facilitation strengths and opportunities for development through experience, feedback, observation and reflection
- Identify and understand the facilitator’s role and application in group settings
- Explain the difference between process and content as it relates to facilitation
- Understand and experience elements of the group development process
- Build a facilitation tool kit for use in the workplace
- Refine and practice group observation skills to better manage group processes
- Identify and observe the roles of group members for functional and nonfunctional behaviors
- The values of facilitation
- Building and maintaining a learning environment
- Group development skills
- Group observation skills
- Experimental techniques for interacting with groups
- Recording theory and practice
- Examination of key processes necessary in successfully leading learning activities (such as needs assessment, priorities and goals, conflict resolution, decision making, problem solving, and communication)
SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® 19.25 PDCs.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|09-29-2023 to 10-07-2023||2.0||$725||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 09-29-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Fri, 09-29-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 09-30-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sat, 10-07-2023||9:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|