New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Build Your Administrative Professional Skills
Once you have a solid foundation in administrative support, you can build your own career trajectory. This is especially true in the UCSC Extension Specialization for Administrative Professionals where you learn practical skills in three key areas:
- Business Finance
- Strategic Communications, and
- Effective Writing.
Add on an elective such as facilitation, project management, customer relations, or public relations fundamentals and launch your career in business support.
Learning Outcomes in the Administrative Professionals Program
- Develop a broad understanding of financial concepts and tools.
- Demonstrate effective organizational communication.
- Apply proficiency fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, public relations, and project management.
Career Path Versatility
You can continue to grow your career by applying the units from this specialization to the Business Administration, Human Resource Management and Marketing Management certificates. Make yourself an invaluable member of any dynamic team.
Estimated Cost (You pay only for courses you enroll in): $3,000
Required Credits: 4 courses/minimum 6.5 units. Take 2 core courses (3 units) and 2 elective credit courses (3.5–4 units)
Duration: A student can complete this specialization in 6 months.
1. Required Course(s): Two Required
2. Electives: Two Required
3. Completion Review:
Specialization Inquiry Form
Establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization
Once you create your student account, you can establish candidacy in a certificate or specialization program any time during your studies.
The benefits of enrolling early
- Lock in your certificate requirements.This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you
- Receive program updates
- Set your intention
- It’s free
To complete a program, you must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program or three years to finish up a specialization program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within this window.* The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program. The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
For more information: How do I get my certificate or specialization?
* Students participating in a special program, such as workforce, international, Personal Financial Planning, or curriculum partner programs (Udacity, Microfacturing Institutes) may have a shorter completion requirement.