Formerly titled "Public Relations: Winning the Mindshare Battle".
In today’s world, the concept of mindshare is crucial to building successful public relations and analyst relations campaigns. Because customers have access to more information about a company, there is an increasing amount of public discussion about its activities, products and services. Without mindshare, marketing efforts can become misguided, superior technology fails to be adopted, and even the most promising companies fail to blossom. Yet winning the mindshare battle is more challenging than meets the eye.
Today's public relations or analyst relations practitioner needs to be an integrated media person who can build trust and credibility by gaining exposure and creating an ongoing dialogue with customers and the analysts that they rely on to mitigate risk. By leveraging a variety of readings, exercises, case studies and guest speakers, this course explores the power of public/analyst relations to build credibility, trust, goodwill and reputation. The course is a good fit for professionals at various stages of their careers who want a strong foundation in PR/AR basics and are interested in building comprehensive PR or AR strategies.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Define public relations
- Define analyst relations
- Describe a comprehensive view of public relations strategy
- Describe a comprehensive view of analyst relations strategy
- Apply some of the tools of public relations
- Identify a career path in media and analyst relations, using diverse skills such as writing and editing, rich media, social media, communications planning, positioning and messaging, executive communications, or measurement and analysis
- Communications channels
- Trade shows and event management
- Wire services
- Search-optimized press releases
- Editorial calendar management
- Press conferences and press tours
- Product reviews
- Ongoing public relations management
- Budgets for international PR
- Spokesperson training
- Crisis communications
- In-house vs. agency PR
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $650
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Speak to a student services representative.
Call (408) 861-3860