Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Leading People Through Change | HRMT.X412
The increasing rate and scope of change is having a profound effect on the workplace. In this course, you will learn essential leadership skills, including how to inspire and motivate individuals, manage talent, influence without authority, and lead teams. Managers, supervisors and Human Resource professionals often bear the responsibility of maintaining morale and productivity during difficult change processes. Doing this effectively requires grasping the impact of change on people, understanding the change process, acquiring critical coping skills, optimizing the positive payoffs from change, and implementing action plans for leading people through change. You will obtain practical resources and develop a personal action plan for leading people through change.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain the pressures for change
- Explain the causes, consequences, and costs of mismanaging change
- Assess strategies used by businesses in planning for and dealing with change
- Understand the process of change management
- Describe the role of a change agent
- Develop a change plan
- Describe how organizations can identify and evaluate the impact of change on corporate culture, employees and performance
- Create and communicate your vision as a leader
- Explore specific roadmap for managing change
- Identify and explain different change models
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 10 hours.
Effective June, 2021, this course is valid for 10 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Effective the Summer 2021, this course will be offered for 1 credit unit.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 03-14-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-21-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Mon, 03-28-2022||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|