All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Explain the different Linux distributions
- Describe how to install Linux on laptop or desktop computer system
- Understand UI desktop provided by different Linux distributions
- Determine how to use consol window for Linux command line operations
- Outline how to configure and use Linux network capabilities
Note(s): This course is the recommended prerequisite to the Certificate in Linux Programming and Administration. Students are encouraged to use their own personal computers with Debian for practice. Instructor will provide installation instruction on the first day of class. Options include VMWare, VirtualBox, LiveCD, disk partition or separate drive.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.