All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This is an online course, and all assignments and lectures are hosted though Canvas. In addition to lectures, students master the content by:
- analyzing case studies;
- interviewing parents;
- developing marketing collateral such as business cards, flyers, and essential information forms; and
- writing by prompt for self-discovery.
- Articulate the role of an educational therapist/specialist
- Assess the unique developmental needs of each client
- Manage a caseload of multiple clients
- Adhere to the ethical and professional standards of working with their clients
- Develop a roadmap and toolkit for every stage of student instruction from intake through termination
- Develop a personal outline/structure for their own clinical practice including details like marketing procedures, collaboration with other therapists, office procedures, record keeping, fee structure, time management, and work-life balance
- Distinguish between the work of an educational therapist and other service providers
- Establish appropriate partnerships/collaborations with other caregivers/service providers of each client
Upon the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.